As part of the firm’s deep and ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the legal practice, we are seeking to hire 1L law school students from diverse backgrounds and experiences to join our team as we continue to grow the firm.
Selendy & Gay 1L Scholars will participate in our ten-week Summer Associate Program alongside other 2L summer associates working on real cases for real clients, participating in our hands-on training programs and receiving mentorship from our attorneys. Additionally, we will give our 1L Scholars the opportunity to be active participants in the firm’s discussions on diversity, equity and inclusion, helping shape and drive firm initiatives. Well qualified candidates will have strong academic credentials, be passionate about the law, think creatively and enjoy solving challenging problems. Additionally, candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to furthering diversity, equity and inclusion in their lives and can speak about the significance these ideas hold for them.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for a 1L Scholar position should send a resume, transcript (undergrad until first semester grades are released), and personal statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted through January 13, 2021.
Personal Statement (answer one of the following, up to 500 words):
- How will your academic background and experiences will help to contribute to the firm’s diverse environment and culture?
- Why are diversity, equity, and inclusion important to you and how would you positively contribute to our diverse and inclusive culture at Selendy & Gay?
- What do you feel is largest issue facing the legal industry right now related to diversity, equity and inclusion and how would you address it?
- What is something that is not listed on your resume that you think is interesting or unique about you?
- Tell us about a time where you were faced with a challenge or difficult circumstances and you demonstrated perseverance to overcome the challenge and achieve your goal(s).