We take your privacy very seriously so please read the following information carefully.
This website, www.selendygay.com, is owned and operated by Selendy Gay Elsberg PLLC.
In the course of marketing our services and doing business, Selendy Gay Elsberg PLLC collects and processes personal information. What information we collect and how we handle that information is outlined below.
The information we collect
We use the personal information you provide us, including your name, email address to send occasional informational emails or to respond to an inquiry you might initiate.
We may also automatically collect other, non-personally identifiable information each time you visit this website, including, without limitation:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version and device type and version.
- Usage data and information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clicks to, through and from this website (including date and time), page response times, download errors, and length of visits to certain pages.
- General location information to identify where our audience views the website from.
- Personal data you provide in connection with your application for employment with Selendy & Gay.
Some of the information described above can be collected by us only if you enable it on your hardware or software. For example, it is your option (and under your control) to accept or delete cookies, to enable location information, and to control the information that your browser transmits.
Our purposes for processing your personal data
Our purpose for processing your personal data is to communicate with you about our firm and our services, or to respond to an inquiry via an occasional email marketing campaign.
How we collect your personal data
We collect your data directly from you when you:
- Fill out an opt-inform,
- Fill out an inquiry form,
- When you email us directly,
- When you become a client through our intake process,
- When you apply for employment.
How we use your personal data
We primarily use your personal data to send you emails about firm announcements, industry news, and legal developments; to respond to an inquiry that you might initiate; or to conduct day-to-day business if you are a client.
We may also share information:
- With our secure data processors and partners, such as SalesForce, our client relationship management database, and analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and organization of this site.
- With lawful third parties or authorities for the purpose of preventing fraud and spam activity or if personal information is requested as part of a lawful investigation.
- With third-parties that you authorize, such as photographers, designers or other vendors to help us perform our services.
We do not share your personal data with any other third party and do not sell information for advertising or promotional purposes.
Retaining your personal data
We will retain your data for as long as we are obliged, under relevant legislation and regulation, or where no such rules apply, for no longer than it is necessary for our lawful purposes.
We may use your data to tell you about relevant services that we think you may find interesting. If you have previously enquired about our services, we will usually contact you to let you know about similar services. You will be given the option to let us know that you do not want your data used for marketing purposes. If you select this option, we will not send you any marketing materials.
You can change your mind and update your choices at any time by using the “unsubscribe” option in any marketing communication you receive from us, by using the inquiry form at the bottom of this page, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transmission of Information via the internet
Although we use encryption (https) on our website, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. While we do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to this website; any transmission is AT YOUR OWN RISK. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorized access.
The cookies we use on www.selendygay.com do not contain any information that personally identifies you and we do not manually or programmatically link cookie identifiers with the personal information stored in our system. The cookies we set are used to track if a user is logged in or not and also for anonymous web traffic analysis using Google Analytics.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website and identify users returning to a website.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). A session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
We currently set the following cookies:
Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics – the web analytics service provided by Google Inc. The Google Analytics cookies track activity on this website but do not collect personal information about you. Rather, usage information is stored in aggregate and we use it to see trends and patterns, so we can optimize your user experience.
You may disable scripts run by Google Analytics to the extent that your browser and associated programs provide such functionality. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit this website: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google’s privacy and compliance policies are available at https://privacy.google.com
Session ID: This is a temporary session cookie used to track whether traffic is logged in or out of this website. Session ID cookies do not collect personal information about you and are deleted when you close your browser.
Modifications to these policies
- By responding to an email you receive from us
- Via email: email@example.com.
- Via phone: 212.390.9000