If litigation is your calling, we’re calling you.
Selendy Gay Elsberg is looking for lawyers who love the law—the most insightful minds, the most creative thinkers, the most agile tacticians. Lawyers who want to engage with clients and colleagues to solve the most complex legal problems. Lawyers who want to learn the art of litigation, and do the heavy lifting needed to excel.
The reality is, a lot of firms get more out of their associates than their associates get from them. We want to rebalance that equation—letting you apply your innate abilities to cases that count, giving you meaningful experience as you work directly with partners, and training you on all aspects of legal practice.
Here’s what else sets us apart:
- True associate input: We know that great ideas can come from anywhere. We're committed to giving all associates a voice not just in work assignments, but in day-to-day life at the firm. Our Associates Committee provides meaningful input to leadership about firm operations.
- Regular feedback: We take a proactive approach to feedback. In addition to structured reviews at the midpoint and end of the year, we encourage, and expect, feedback to be shared by partners and associates on a regular basis.
- A culture of trust: We put a lot of work into making sure we select the right associates. Once you’re here, you’re one of us—and you’ll take on significant responsibilities almost immediately. For instance, every associate is expected to take management duties on a case, working directly with partners and clients.
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: For too long, law firms haven’t reflected the make-up of society. We’re intent on changing that. Nearly half of our equity is owned by women, and more than 23% of our lawyers are members of the LBGTQ+ community. If you’ve ever thought that a top-tier firm wasn’t meant to include you, consider Selendy Gay Elsberg.
- Doing well by doing right: From our inception, we've put public interest and pro bono work at the heart of our values, believing resolutely that we could be both high-achieving, leave-it-all-on-the-floor commercial litigators and fierce advocates on the issues that shape our society. Our lawyers have recovered billions of dollars from Wall Street firms that plunged the country into the Great Recession, and pursued pro bono work that helps immigrants, the indigent and other neglected populations claim justice. Currently, we are leading a milestone civil rights lawsuit that seeks to protect our nation's democracy, the rule of law, and our electoral process. In 2022, we were named the top firm for pro bono by Chambers and Partners.
- A focus on wellbeing: Emotional and physical wellbeing are a priority of the firm. We acknowledge and talk openly about the challenges of the legal profession, and we provide resources and trainings that offer support. Wellness programs and a fully-equipped, on-site fitness center are small, additional measures of our commitment.