We’re building a better firm. We want your help.
Our Summer Associate program is designed to provide you with an experience that closely mirrors the lives and opportunities of our associates. That means you will be doing real work, for real clients and working side by side with our partners and associates on active case teams.
You won’t find yourself wondering if or when you will get to do meaningful work. We’re bringing you aboard for your potential, but also for the ability you’ve already shown. We expect you to contribute during your summer with us and know you will.
You’ll gain more experience and exposure to interesting, dynamic work than you thought possible in a summer. And we’re going to make you better.
Selendy & Gay was built to be different. We launched our firm with a plan to transform the experience not only of our clients, but of our associates and partners. We value hard work and legal acumen, of course, but also collegiality and creativity, diversity, and individuality. We want to get to know you, and we want your opinion. If you choose to join us for our Summer Associate program, we hope it means we will work together for years to come.
As a young, in-demand firm, we’re hiring for the future. And we’re looking to build long-term relationships with the future associates we bring on today. Unlike larger firms, which overstaff summer classes to fulfill immediate caseload needs, we’re building a dynamic, skilled and motivated roster of lawyers from the women and men we take on board.
Our Summer Program offers:
- Flexible assignments. While we’ll assign you to case teams when you first come on board, you’ll have the opportunity to seek out work from partners whose work interests you or on cases you’d like to participate in. That gives you the freedom to learn about the aspects of the profession that appeal to you most.
- In-depth mentoring. We assign each summer associate at least one formal mentor based on common interests, personality fit and other factors. We’re invested in your progress, because we expect you to contribute to ours.
- Regular feedback. In addition to formal reviews at the end of the program, you’ll receive constructive feedback from us throughout the summer to help guide your approach to the practice of law.
- Training you’ll use. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in training programs just like the ones we offer associates, and we’ll also provide you with summer versions of our trial, writing, business development and professional skills programs.
- Experience that counts. You will meet our clients. You will sit in on depositions and hearings. You will participate in strategy meetings with partners and associates, rather than hear about them after the fact. From the first day you walk through the door, you will be treated as a valued member of the firm.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and the adjustments law schools across the country have made in response, we will be recruiting for our 2021 Summer Associate Program during “on-campus” interview programs held by individual law schools in the winter of 2020-2021. We encourage all students interested in applying to sign up for interviews with our firm through their school’s career services office. If you have questions about whether or not we will be interviewing at your law school, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.