Selendy & Gay seeks a motivated Practice Assistant to join our collaborative team.
Our Practice Assistants provide administrative support to associates and partners. Qualifications include: excellent written and oral communication skills; superb customer service orientation; a proactive work ethic; attention to detail; the ability to work well under pressure in a constantly changing legal environment; and the ability to work effectively and cohesively in a team-oriented environment.
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the attorneys and internal/external clients.
- Answer and respond to incoming calls on behalf of assigned attorneys.
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned attorneys' habits, preferences, practice, clients, and workflow.
- Prepare, edit, and format correspondences, presentations, spreadsheets, memos, and other documents.
- Prepare labels for packages and coordinate courier/messenger deliveries; track complex shipments to ensure they have reached their intended destinations.
- Arrange complex travel arrangements/accommodations as required and create detailed travel itineraries for assigned attorneys.
- Order catering for meetings as necessary.
- Process and track vendor/client invoices in the Firm’s check request system and resolve any billing issues.
- Reconcile attorney Amex accounts on a weekly basis.
- Submit attorney expenses for reimbursements.
- Proofread and enter time entries in timekeeping system for assigned attorneys.
- Proofread and edit client bills monthly and assist in resolving billing issues.
- Prepare new vendor agreement forms and assemble required documentation.
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars by arranging and/or adjusting meetings, and providing reminders as necessary.
- Manage business contacts and development activities through Salesforce.
- Perform other administrative duties such as printing, copying, scanning, and filing documents.
- Pull news articles, convert to PDF, and circulate as needed.
- Assist with planning and executing internal and external events.
- Assist with special projects across various departments.
- Notarize necessary documents as needed.
- Provide backup support for other Assistants.
Key Skills & Traits Needed:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and one year of experience in an administration role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook suite.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills; strong attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively within a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Willingness to enthusiastically complete both high-level and low-level tasks.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.