Practice Assistants provide administrative support to associates and partners.
- Act as the administrative point of contact between the attorneys and internal/external clients
- Answer and respond to incoming calls on behalf of assigned attorney
- Develop a strong understanding of assigned attorney’s habits, preferences, practice, clients, and workflow
- Prepare, edit, and format correspondences, presentations, spreadsheets, memos, and other documents
- Prepare labels for packages and coordinate courier/messenger deliveries; track complex shipments to ensure they have reached their intended destinations
- Arrange complex travel arrangements/accommodations as required and create detailed travel itineraries for assigned attorneys
- Order catering for meetings as necessary
- Process and track vendor/client invoices in the Firm’s check request system and resolve any billing issues
- Reconcile attorney Amex accounts on a weekly basis
- Submit attorney expenses for reimbursements
- Proofread and enter time entries in timekeeping system for assigned attorneys
- Proofread and edit client bills monthly and assist in resolving billing issues
- Prepare new vendor agreement forms and assemble required documentation
- Maintain attorneys’ calendars by arranging and/or adjusting meetings, and providing reminders as necessary
- Manage business contacts and development activities through Intapp
- Perform other administrative duties such as printing, copying, scanning, and filing documents
- Pull news articles, convert to PDF, and circulate as needed
- Assist with planning and executing internal and external events
- Assist with special projects across various departments
- Notarize necessary documents as needed
- Provide backup support for other Assistants
- Assist with firm events
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and one year of experience in an administration role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook suite
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, organizational, and planning skills; strong attention to detail
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well independently, as well as effectively within a team
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Willingness to enthusiastically complete both high-level and low-level tasks.
This is a non-exempt position and the salary range for this role is $32.96-46.70 per hour, commensurate with experience.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete an application here.
Selendy Gay PLLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer