The Talent Development Coordinator will help develop and retain top tear, market – leading legal talent.
- Participate in defining the overall training agenda for associates and coordinate training to meet identified development needs.
- Coordinate and help implement all training programs, which includes: calendar coordination, compiling all relevant materials, communicating with attorney presenters & outside consultants, coordinating conference rooms, catering and videoconferencing etc. and on-site, day-of ownership for the execution of logistics related to all training programs.
- Assist with training programs and evaluate effectiveness of programs, maintain the training program calendar.
- Coordinate program evaluations: put together survey, compile and analyze feedback and recommend improvements as needed.
- Oversee CLE credit tracking for attorneys and advise about their compliance, research CLE opportunities and maintain CLE database.
- Assist with associate evaluations, including preparation of self-evaluations and performance summaries; coordinate review meetings.
- Support Talent Team with implementing coaching and mentoring programs as well as collaborating about other initiatives and programs the firm could implement related to associate life.
- Collaborate with members of the Talent Development and Recruiting to plan and execute all new associate orientations and other multi-day development programs throughout the year.
- Build relationships with associates and serve as a trusted resource in their professional development.
- Plan, develop and implement social events held in connection with new associate orientation, associate check-in meetings and other associate retention/high touch programs.
- Participate in additional ad hoc projects as needed related to the firm’s training, recruiting, and development initiatives.
- Minimum 1-2 years recruiting or professional development experience, ideally in the law firm environment.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT). Experience in database programs (VI Desktop, Symplicity, etc.) a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work effectively as a member team.
- Energetic and collegial; ability to build strong relationships throughout the firm including with associates, senior leadership, peers and other internal constituencies.
- Knowledge of Continuing Legal Education (CLE) rules and procedures.
- Must be detail oriented, considering how smaller pieces ore details fit into a larger plan or project
- Thinks and plans logically, making sure ideas and issues are thoroughly evaluated.
- Must be a team player who is responsive and proactive, anticipating the needs of the team.
- Proactive in learning and evaluating potential problems with a solution orientated approach.
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete an application here.