Selendy & Gay’s partners have extensive experience representing companies, Boards, and executives in employment-related and governance disputes that jeopardize reputations, compensation, and business models.
We have successfully litigated and swiftly resolved civil, regulatory, and criminal matters as well as internal investigations, in matters involving forfeiture of restricted stock units and other executive compensation, allegations of fraud, fraudulent transfer, self-dealing, breaches of fiduciary duty, and misappropriation of trade secrets and other confidential information. We help clients anticipate and prepare for multi-dimensional risks that threaten their personal and corporate brands and finances, and we provide practical and timely advice to navigate these risks and turn them into opportunities.
We also have deep expertise in independent investigations involving particularly sensitive matters that could be subject to significant press coverage, including sexual misconduct and corporate culture. And because female partners make up 50% of our equity ownership, we bring an invaluable perspective and significant credibility to the clients we represent.
Our partners' representative engagements include:
- Several Texas-based doctors and healthcare industry executives in a New York Supreme Court, Commercial Division, against claims alleging aiding and abetting of fraud concerning the solicitation and sale of securities in several companies.
- TFO Parking Holdings LLC, an investor in Citizens Parking, and Jon Hedley, a former board member of Citizens Parking, against claims by Citizens’ former CEO, alleging fraud, breach of fiduciary duty, and unjust enrichment.
- The boards of a prominent New York City synagogue and Jewish school in the investigation of Ezra Merkin and the Gabriel Capital Corporation feeder fund, resulting in a revamp of the school board’s corporate governance. Merkin was head of the school’s investment committee and failed to disclose Gabriel as a feeder fund to Madoff.
- A New York City-based real estate, design, and construction solutions provider, in supplying analysis in anticipation of potential litigation against the company's former owner.
- McKinsey & Company, a worldwide management consulting firm, in defending a civil RICO suit filed in the Southern District of New York alleging bankruptcy fraud predicates.
- Two experienced investors in an arbitration pursuing breach of contract claims to reform corporate governance practices of a privately held quick service restaurant company.