Selendy & Gay is committed to providing top-tier representation to non-profit and not-for-profit organizations. Our partners have extensive expertise representing non-profits and non-for-profits, and make it a priority to understand and respect for the missions, complexities, and challenges of the organizations we represent. Our partners have represented non-profits and not-for-profits in both public and private venues, gaining successful results through a high level of attention and nuanced understanding of our clients’ needs.
Our representative engagements include:
- Securing a trial victory as co-counsel with the National Resources Defense Council (NRDC) in a precedent-setting methylmercury pollution case under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- The Union Theological Seminary in the City of New York in a litigation brought by the Riverside Church in the City of New York regarding Riverside’s claim of right to buy from Union the property known as McGiffert Hall, obtaining a favorable settlement.
- Public servants backed by the American Federation of Teachers against a student loan servicer that misled them about their loan forgiveness options and discouraged them from pursuing income-based repayment plans.
- Vote Solar, a solar energy advocacy group, before the State of Utah Public Service Commission to determine the value of solar energy in the state’s net metering program. We also litigated against Rocky Mountain Power in its attempt to end net metering in Utah.
- New Leaders for New Schools, in a wrongful termination, civil rights, and defamation action, obtaining a complete summary judgment victory.
- A prominent cultural society in a matter regarding corporate governance and finance issues.
- The boards of a prominent New York City synagogue and Jewish school in the investigation of Ezra Merkin and the Gabriel feeder fund, resulting in a revamp of the school board’s corporate governance. Merkin was head of the school’s investment committee and failed to disclose Gabriel as a feeder fund to Bernard Madoff.