Supreme Court — A Year in Review, 2020 Term
July 21, 2021
6:00pm - 9:00pm
On July 21, Caitlin Halligan will be a featured speaker at the New York City Bar Association's live webcast discussion of the most significant cases of the 2020 U.S. Supreme Court term. Halligan will join a panel of prominent professional, academic and judicial speakers to examine the Court’s most consequential decisions, analyze the implications for future developments and look ahead to the October 2021 term.
The panel’s discussion will consider:
- Civil Liberties and Voting Rights (Mahanoy Area School District v. B.L., Fulton v. City of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn v. Cuomo, Cedar Point Nursery v. Hassid, Brnovich v. Democratic National Committee)
- Separation of Powers (California v. Texas, U.S. v. Cooley, Alaska Native Village Corporation Association v. Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation/Yellen v. Confederated Tribes of the Chehalis Reservation, Oklahoma v. Bosse)
- Federalism, Native American Law (U.S. v Arthrex Inc.)
- Criminal Law (Edwards v. Vannoy, Jones v. Mississippi)
- Business Law and Civil Procedure (Google LLC v. Oracle America Inc., Ford Motor v. Montana, National Collegiate Athletic Association v. Alston, TransUnion LLC v. Ramirez)
To learn more about the webinar, or to register, please visit here.