Shomik Ghosh is a litigator with extensive experience in antitrust litigation and counseling, disputes involving corporate governance issues, appellate litigation and complex class actions. He routinely practices in federal and state courts across the country, on behalf of both plaintiffs and defendants.
- First-chairing deposition of plaintiff’s damages expert in a Southern District of New York litigation, leading to the ultimate reduction of damages request by more than 40%.
- Representing an independent special committee and its directors formed to review WeWork’s lawsuit against Softbank and Vision Fund seeking completion of a $3 billion tender offer.
- Advising an AIG subsidiary challenging the insurability of a $160 million SEC disgorgement order before the New York Court of Appeals.
- Representing a company under investigation by the Drug Enforcement Agency and SDNY for money-laundering.
- Secured dismissal of RICO and antitrust claims brought against a construction company sued in the SDNY.
- Drafted Wells submission on behalf of a trader investigated by the Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Provided antitrust counseling and merger control guidance on: a $1.52 billion merger involving the travel industry; the $306 million sale of construction company's U.S. operations; a merger sale of major airline from Airbus; and a $662 million merger involving the medical devices industry.
Shomik has also represented clients before a number of regulatory bodies, including:
- The Department of Justice
- The Securities and Exchange Commission
- The Drug Enforcement Agency
- Numerous United States Attorney's Offices, including the SDNY and EDNY
- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission
- The Federal Trade Commission
Shomik earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Michigan Law School, where he was one of the top five students in his class, and received his B.A. from New York University.
- University of Michigan Law School
Magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Certificates of Merit (Book Award): Constitutional Law, Criminal Law, American Legal History
- New York University
(B.A., Political Science, 2013)
Morvillo Abramowitz Grand Iason & Anello P.C.
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom
Associate (Antitrust & Competition), 2017-2018
- State Bar of New York
- United States District Court: Southern District of New York